February is so many different things to so many different people. Sometimes just thinking about all the different things people are doing at any given time boggles my mind and I have to let the thought go. I digress, what is February? Well, it is the month of ground hog day and St. Valentine’s Day, it is feminists answer to Movember – Februhairy – and is Heart Month and Black History Month. Doing a quick google search brought me to this page with way too many holidays to name.
This February is something more personal for me. While I enjoy Valentine’s day, love is about so much more and so many more little things than one day can contain. In that spirit, I am celebrating the love(s) of my life this month and pledging to
hopefully write something everyday prompted by Blogher.com’s NaBloPoMo February prompt list.
Want to join in the fun? You can get the prompt list from here, and check out other daily entries by clicking here and then on one of the various blogs participating. You can also add your blog to the list, hopefully increasing your traffic, and making you some new blog-sphere friends.
I think this month spoke to me because if there is anything I really need to reflect on and be honest with myself about it is the significant relationships in my life. There is a lot of emotional baggage involved and hopefully I can unpack some of it here. The baggage has certainly been added to over the past five years with C.but unfortunately I started packing a long time before we’d even met – there is so much in my baggage I am not sure I can struggle under the weight for much longer without collapsing.
Want a preview of the questions you can expect me to answer? Luckily, I live to serve!
Friday, February 1, 2013
- When was the last time you said, “I love you.”?
Monday, February 4, 2013
- Tell us about your first crush.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
- How old were you the first time you fell in love?
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
- Do you remain friends with ex-boyfriends/girlfriends after you break up?
Thursday, February 7, 2013
- Describe your ideal date night.
Friday, February 8, 2013
- Name the most romantic movie of all time.
Monday, February 11, 2013
- What is your ideal Valentine’s Day celebration?
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- What is your favourite Valentine’s Day candy?
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
- If you could send out valentines this year as you did back in grade school, what type of valentine would you send out to your blogosphere class?
Thursday, February 14, 2013
- How do you feel about Valentine’s Day?
Friday, February 15, 2013
- How did this Valentine’s Day compare with Valentine’s days of years past?
Monday, February 18, 2013
- What is the most romantic book you’ve ever read?
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
- Martin Luther King Jr. unpacked love and hate when he said, “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” Which is easier for you to feel: love or hate?
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- Erich Fromm said, “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you’.” How do you define mature love?
Thursday, February 21, 2013
- Do you think people can live without love?
Friday, February 22, 2013
- Aristotle said, “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” Do you agree or disagree?
Monday, February 25, 2013
- Do you think you would enjoy being a “sex symbol?”
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- Do you think sex education should come from the parents, the school, or a mix of both?
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
- Mae West described sex as “emotion in motion.” Unpack this idea in a post.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
- When do you feel your sexiest?
Some of these topics will get more attention than others. Some questions I find more inspiring than others. But that’s okay. My goal is to write everyday this month, anything at all qualifies, not to write profound and philosophically everyday. Maybe I will start with a cast of characters so I don’t have to explain who everyone is in text every time I use their name? I am really not sure yet. Stay tuned and see what I come up with!
As always, thanks for spending a moment with me!